Blitz3D Docs -> 3D - A-Z -> L -> LoadBSP
LoadBSP( file$[,gamma_adjust#][,parent] )
Parameters:file$ - filename of BSP model
gamma_adjust# (optional) - intensity of BSP lightmaps. Values should be in the range 0-1. Defaults to 0.
parent (optional) - parent entity of BSP
Description:Loads a BSP model and returns its handle.
Some points about Blitz3D's BSP support:
* Shaders are *not* supported!
* BSP's cannot be painted, textured, colored, faded etc. in Blitz.
* A BSP model is just an entity. Use the standard entity commands to scale, rotate and position the BSP, and the standard collision commands to setup collisions with the BSP.
* BSP models are not lit by either 'normal' AmbientLight, or by any directional lighting. This allows you to setup lighting for in-game models without affecting the BSP lighting. However, BSP models *will* be lit by point or spot lights.
* Textures for the BSP model must be in the same directory as the BSP file itself.
The optional parent parameter allows you to specify a parent entity for the BSP so that when the parent is moved the child BSP will move with it. However, this relationship is one way; applying movement commands to the child will not affect the parent.
Specifying a parent entity will still result in the BSP being created at position 0,0,0 rather than at the parent entity's position.
See also: BSPAmbientLight, BSPLighting.
Graphics3D 640,480 campiv = CreatePivot() cam = CreateCamera(campiv) CameraRange cam, 0.1,2000 level=LoadBSP( "nyk3dm1\nyk3dm1.bsp",.8 ) ; load a 'legal' quake3 bsp map BSPAmbientLight level, 0,255,0 ; make the ambient light green ;BSPLighting level, False ; uncomment this line to turn lightmap off While Not KeyDown(1) ; if ESCAPE pressed then exit RenderWorld:Flip mys = MouseYSpeed() If Abs(EntityPitch(cam)+mys) < 75 ; restrict pitch of camera TurnEntity cam, mys,0,0 EndIf TurnEntity campiv,0,-MouseXSpeed(),0 If MouseDown(1) Then ; press mousebutton to move forward TFormVector 0,0,3,cam,campiv MoveEntity campiv,TFormedX(),TFormedY(),TFormedZ() EndIf MoveMouse 320,240 ; centre mouse cursor Wend End
Blitz3D Manual Forum
BlitzPlus Equivalent Command